Friday, December 21, 2007

Scary Day

Yesterday was a very scary day for me. My mom called me in the morning to tell me she was going to the Dr. because she had a pain in her stomach. I told her to call me when she got done. She called me about 11:30 a.m. to tell me she was in the ER they thought she had a kink in her intestine. So I flew down to the hospital and sat with her through all the tests and etc. We laughed and joked and watched lifetime in the ER while they took forever. Finally we found out the Dr's office was wrong, it was actually GERD in her GI system that caused the severe pain. I could've killed the woman at the dr's office that told my mom she'd probably need surgery. Mom was all worried because I missed my office christmas party to sit in the ER with her. But she's my mom and I would've stayed all night with her if I had to. Dustin and I talked last night about how the roles have really changed, it's not longer our parents taking care of us, it's us taking care of our parents. *sigh* Getting old really does suck! lol.

0 comments: