Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm old!

Well not THAT old but I feel old. Monday was my 28th birthday. We actually went out of town for the weekend and took Monday and Tuesday off of work. It was nice to get away. We went to Amish country and shopped around the shops and the outlet malls. It was alot of fun. But it was also nice to get back.

Tuesday evening we got a horrible storm here at the house. I was seriously afraid. We woke up to find 100 acres or more of corn on the ground from the wind and/or damaged from hail. All 100 acres are a total loss and we lost about 4 huge trees and one huge limb fell on the rental house. But the good thing is everyone is ok.

I am a little bummed lately and seriously considering changing my career. I keep getting told I am a great asset to the company and that I am a hard worker, but I now have a 2nd employee in the past year that I have to train to make more money than me and move further up the company than I am. I know life isn't fair, but give me a break. It's like the better you do, the less chance you have for move to another job. I am seriously considering a career path change. Not sure what right now, but I am going to meet with an advisor soon about getting my certification to teach business and IT computers in the secondary level.

0 comments: