Sunday, September 11, 2011

Scheduled!!!

That's right, my IVF is scheduled. I will start my injections of Lupron on Oct 9, 2011. My stims will start on Oct 21st, with my baseline u/s scheduled for that day. My tentative ER is Nov 1st with transfer on the 5th. I should know by turkey day if I'm PG from this cycle or not.


I am trying to not get overly excited. I realize this is a process and sometimes doesn't always happen on the first shot. It's kind of like playing the lottery with one other person. It's a 50-50 chance you'll win. Kind of scary.

I feel kind of robbed. Robbed of the joy of an 'unexpected' positive pregnancy test. Robbed of the excitement of trying to conceive and it just 'happening.' Has it made me bitter? At times, yes it has. There are times when I just want to scream WHY ME, WHAT DID I DO TO CAUSE THIS? But then I remember there are worse things that could happen, I have my health (for the most part), a great family, wonderful husband, and the best friends a girl could ask for. I am a very lucky person. But sometimes, it gets the best of me and I just want to shout What The F*@$ from the rooftops sometimes!

DH has told me all summer long to just suck it up, lose the bitterness, etc. Then we went for our IVF consolation and the reality finally hit him. This is the ONLY way we can conceive is with medical science. We have become stronger because of it, but we still bicker here and there like every couple under stress does! We wouldn't be us without the little bickering here and there! :)

1 comments:

CK Photo said...

more good thoughts for you