Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Retreival Done...Next stop Transfer

Well I made it through all the meds and through Retrevial. We did the retrevial on Monday. It went very well. Only minimal pain and i slept all afternoon & evening on monday. They called and told me of the 14 mature eggs, 12 of them fertilized. As of today all 12 had divided and were growing. We are having a 5 day transfer on Saturday and transferring one egg. I know that's a gamble, but with my history of twins in both families, we run the high risk of triplets if we transfer 2 and i'm just not willing to go that route. Plus with me only being 31 years old, they feel that one good one is as good as 2 good ones. The % on a 5 day transfer from 2 to 1 is only a 5% difference. I'm willing to try it with one. Hopefully we have a few to freeze too so that we have something in the future without having to go through it again.


0 comments: