Saturday, May 19, 2007

Commencement

Have you been to a graduation that doesn't say "commencement doesn't mean the end, it means the beginning." Today was Dustin's brother Devon's college graduation. Dustin and I had a bet going on how long it would take before the speaker would say that quote, 10 minutes into the ceremony! It was kind of weird, I sat in that same auditorium in Williamsport, PA 2 1/2 years ago when Dustin graduated college, it just seems weird that I've been with Dustin that long. When I first started dating him, 5 years ago, his brother didn't even have his driver's license. Now he's a college graduate with an associates degree. He is truly like a brother to me, and strangely enough, he's a lot like my own brother. It's also funny to consider myself part of the family. When Dustin graduated we did the family picture, then the picture with the family and me. Today when we did the pictures, there was no family picture that didn't involve me. It was a moment that I realized I actually am part of this family whether we have an official marriage certificate or not. And as dorky as that sounds, it seems pretty cool to me!

1 comments:

Jeanne said...

awww!!! someone's getting sentimental! lol