Wednesday, January 21, 2009

History

It's weird as I watched TV last night to see that Obama's Inauguration is considered "historic" in 2009 for a 1/2 black man to be president. But oh well, the times are the times. I just hope that he is all he's promised. I realize the economy is going to get worse before it gets better, but he's made alot of promises and I hope he's up for the challenge that awaits him.

This is definitely an interesting time for me to be the age that I am. I work in an industry that literally if you don't like what's going on today, wait until tomorrow. I live in a world were teenagers have to have laptops, cellphones, $300 ipods, brand new cars, and $100 jeans. I work 40 hours a week and we live comfortably and I STILL don't own $100 jeans. OH MY GOD, I'm officially old and sounded like my mother there.

The future does scare me, it scares me about our jobs, our livelyhood, and our security. But I cannot live everyday worrying about what tomorrow may (or may not) bring and just hope for the best each day. And know there is no money in the world that is going to change the fact that I love my husband and my family very much. Nothing can take that away.

I am very proud to be an american, today, and everyday! Pride is not something you feel one day and not another.

0 comments: