Sunday, January 24, 2010

New baby and a week of sick!

Wow it's been a while. Alot has happened since the last post. January 6th I did one of the coolest things in my life. I was asked by my best friend to be in the room with her during her C-section. Her husband doesn't do well with hospitals and other issues that most of her family were just not comfortable. I was so honored to be asked to do it. It was the most awesome thing I've ever done. I was the first one who got to hold baby Amie and show her to her new mommy. She looks alot like her momma and her aunt who she's named after. I could never ever fill the shoes Amanda's sister left behind, but I hope that I gave her some comfort along the way. I know Jamie was up there in heaven looking down very proud of her baby sister!

Then a week later I ended up sick. Strep throat with the onset of scarlet fever. Who the hell gets scarlet fever anymore!!! I was off work 4 days, and spent 6 whole days on the couch. After oral and injected antibiotics, prednisone, and a mono test, i am back to normal. With the exception of the after effects of the prednisone. Thank god I only have about 2 more days of those to take. They are horrid. Nothing tastes good, I'm bloated and puffy. EGADS!!!!

0 comments: